caza mayor de palabras
máquina espacial

powered by FreeFind
luna
lunar phases
máquina del tiempo
periodista.soy
  • La depresión post-parto
  • Pensiones de jubilación
  • Viviendas de Protección Pública
  • contacto
    ¿Te gustarí­a decirme algo sobre esta weblog o tal vez colaborar? Tell me your opinion about this blog and take part in it
    recomienda este blog
    Recommend this blog
    Destinatario/Recipient

    algunos derechos reservados
    Creative Commons License

    Esta obra está bajo una
    licencia de Creative Commons.
    15.2.07
    Ben Kweller. Ecstasy through Music



    It was at the end of 2005, a year plenty of problems, struggles and disillusionments for me -just before coming to the U.S.-, when I received as a present from a friend the music of Ben Kweller. I did not know anything about him, but his music took me to another level since I heard his song "I need you back", while we were enjoying the only great time of that period. Those moments were short, but they saved my year, saved me, and made every pain worthwhile. Now they are one of my life treasures and Kweller's music is part of my life B.S.O. (Photo: Ben Kweller and I at MO JO'S)



    His songs were not just sounding as a background, they were corroborating every feeling and action, completing the scene, becoming the artistic vehicle that made my craziness and freedom travel from the inside to the outside. He carries this kind of adiction that makes you play again and again his music, sing it even when you are sleeping. The world is plenty of music, but there are just a few who can give this to another life, and make the difference between a singer and a musical artist. (Photo: Ben Kweller's last album)



    One year later, after another meeting with the friend who gave me Kweller's music, and another intense moment, and another goodbye, I arrive here to Columbia with "On my way" cd in my hands, and I find by chance that Ben Kweller is in concert at MO JO'S. I love when destiny plays this game of making a union with special people and situations. And now I can say without any doubt he is an artist. The value it is not in his ability to play any instrument he wants or for having the gift of a nice voice. It is in his creativity, his capacity to transform his own world in music, composing and writing lyrics who communicate something special about a real life. In addition, he can do, in a naturally way, what my teachers in music used to tell me is the act that make music something finished and with feeling: the shades or variations in the expression. All of this comes in union with his natural movements on the stage, and I could feel his energy of being in an ecstasy with life through music.


    With this concert at MO JO'S in Columbia, I had the chance of meeting him, know his last album, and have this sensation of buying music for $12 and feel like you had received much more, because it is something that last forever telling you: Life can be hard, life can be sad, but there are these great moments, even short like a 3 minutes song, that make everything worthy. (Photo: Ben Kweller in concert at MO JO'S. Columbia, February 10, 2007)

    PENNY ON THE TRAIN TRACK (Ben Kweller Album)

    I NEED YOU BACK (On my Way Album)

    *I took some videos in the concert, but the quality isn't good because I had a photo camera, so I've decided to post these that somebody took in Atlanta. Both concerts were quite similar.

    ** The first video goes for my friend, for the next great moments.

    posted by Laura R. C. @ 14:39  
    2 Comments:
    • At 17/2/07 04:17, Anonymous Anónimo said…

      Ben es genial, un amigo me regaló su cd y aún estoy desgustandolo, felicidades por el regreso ahora leernos!
      suerte en tu nueva aventura!

       
    • At 20/2/07 15:59, Blogger Franci said…

      Laura... no sé porqué... pero en este momento, darme cuenta que volviste... me ha sacado una lagrima... gracias...

       
    Publicar un comentario
    << Home
     
    Quién es Yo?

    This is a bilingual -Spanish and English- space to set free creativeness and uphold communication. It is the negation of the maxim that recommends people to be conformist and quiet: "see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil". See, hear and speak with me! Laura R. C. Columbia MO (USA).
    Para curiosos/Glance at

    mirada objetivada
    el bolso de Poppins
    salgamos a pasear
    interesting columbia