caza mayor de palabras
máquina espacial

powered by FreeFind
luna
lunar phases
máquina del tiempo
periodista.soy
  • La depresión post-parto
  • Pensiones de jubilación
  • Viviendas de Protección Pública
  • contacto
    ¿Te gustarí­a decirme algo sobre esta weblog o tal vez colaborar? Tell me your opinion about this blog and take part in it
    recomienda este blog
    Recommend this blog
    Destinatario/Recipient

    algunos derechos reservados
    Creative Commons License

    Esta obra está bajo una
    licencia de Creative Commons.
    1.8.06
    If I could wear the ruby shoes
    If I could wear the magic ruby red shoes and get away to OZ, dance on the yelow path, find new friends forever, I would not care to fight against a green witch. Maybe it sounds crazy to say that my trip to Washington D.C. worths because I have been in front of this pair of shiny shoes, but it is; it was the sweetest experience in the capital of the United States. I was not interested in soaking in the Lincoln Memorial, the Capitol, or other "attractions". My childhood memoirs were attracted by them and I could not get back without seeing them. You cannot say "no" to your little survivor kid. I watched the movie so many times, and so many times I dreamt with this fabolous but never found place, looking at the mirrors and waiting for the image of the good witch, trying the three blows with the heels, but not to come back home but go away to OZ and live adventures. It is always tempter for me the imposible sides.

    In this side, the museums that I visited in the Smithsonian Institution -National Museum of Natural History, National Museum of American History and National Museum of the American Indian- were a really good experience because all the exhibitions have a high level in the cultural aspect as well as in the entertainment. I just missed that they did not have the explanations in different languages, as you can find in most of the museums of other countries. But, in general, I can say that they are amazing and if you come from other country and are planning on staying in this city just for one or two days, go there! Forget the monuments, they can be interesting for citizens of the U.S.A. because they have a strong feeling of patriotism and these are their symbols, but if not, you just have to enjoy the architecture (you can learn the history in other ways, what it is always interesting), and also if you come from Europe, this is nothing new. In fact, the city was built following a plan: Washington president commanded to a French engineer, Pierre L'Enfante, to make it seemed to París.

    In the streets, out of this huge mix of knowledge, I found fleeting beauty, luxury to see, not to touch if you are not rich people. Banks, five stars hotels, offices, banks, five stars hotels, offices... Fancy shops where I just could say,"Oh, what a beautiful things..., but what a price! Let's go out of here, I am not a masochist!". So, I thought it would be better to sit down in a square and see people dancing tango, dreaming passion, to avoid the cold feeling that I had in that moment.
    posted by Laura R. C. @ 15:40  
    0 Comments:
    Publicar un comentario
    << Home
     
    Quién es Yo?

    This is a bilingual -Spanish and English- space to set free creativeness and uphold communication. It is the negation of the maxim that recommends people to be conformist and quiet: "see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil". See, hear and speak with me! Laura R. C. Columbia MO (USA).
    Para curiosos/Glance at

    mirada objetivada
    el bolso de Poppins
    salgamos a pasear
    interesting columbia